Sunday, March 12, 2006

Busy Bee

Hello

This blogging lark is tricky to keep on top of, isn't it.

I am back. In fact, I've been back from Central America for nearly two weeks. However, I've spent that time unpacking; washing clothes; going through my mail; catching up with family; waiting for clothes to dry; seeing friends; washing more clothes; packing clothes again; jetting off to the Netherlands for a long weekend; contracting a cold (at least the stomach issues had cleared up by then); unpacking again; washing the latest set of dirty clothes (along with the ones for which there was no room on the drier last week); having a couple of vacant days whilst wiped out by the cold; seeing friends; going through more mail; catching up with family; drying clothes again; inventing new places to hang clothes to dry as time is running out; buying new luggage (with wheels this time) and making plans for the next trip....

...which is this Thursday!

I've whittled the Central America photos down to a few highlights and even have a few from Holland (in addition to the ones posted by my friend, Nick, here and here) but will probably not find time to post them on flickr until I'm at my next destination. In the meantime - here is a pic of yours truly sitting on the steps of a Mayan pyramid (the Pyramid of the Lost World at Tikal, to be specific):


...and the sun hat also travelled to Guatemala.


So. Where am I off to? Well, I fly out to New York and then have just over 5 weeks to travel across to Vancouver before I head back home. I'm staying with Vinay - a friend from University - whilst in NYC and my very good friends Margaret, Alan, Alison and John when I get to Vancouver. Inbetween times the schedule is pretty flexible but I hope to take in Boston, Montreal, Toronto and the Canadian Rockies...

I'm really looking forward to having a bit of 'me time' on this trip. The trips I've been on so far (with the exception of Holland) have had really packed schedules, which means I've seen and done an awful lot in a relatively short period of time but it hasn't left a lot of time for reflection. Even when I'm at home, I feel like I'm rushing around - and I know that I haven't managed to see everyone that I'd like to, or just to catch up with the normal day to day stuff of life...

I'm going to spend May in the UK.

3 Comments:

Blogger -L said...

Cute photo, Sarah! The pyramid looks like bit of a thigh-burner, hey? :)

Hope you have a good time in the U.S.! I haven't been to any of your upcoming destinations, you lucky devil...although I am heading to NYC for a long weekend in April. Maybe we'll unknowlingly pass each other on the street...

13/3/06 3:05 am  
Blogger Mat & Yvette said...

Have a great time in North America.

Know what you mean about having time to reflect. We're having to squeeze things out of our NZ schedule now because there's not enough time.

Say hello to Margaret, Alan etc...

love

Mat

13/3/06 8:23 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a top time S. Look forward to seeing you in May. If you get to Jasper check out the Bears Paw Bakery.

D

13/3/06 9:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home