Thursday, March 16, 2006

Terminally bored

Urgh.



I've been up since 4.30am this morning: travelled first by taxi, then bus and am now wedged in (what is now) my own little corner of Terminal 4 at Heathrow slowly sipping a cup of increasingly cold coffee. I still can't check-in for another 2 hours (bless the National Express timetable).

Still, the morning hasn't been completely without incident. I've been propositioned and invited to go and stay in Jamaica by my neighbour on the bus, who expressed surprise that I would be going anywhere else (although the offer was tempting, the proposition was a little disturbing and I successfully feigned sleep - which was tricky whilst listening to Bill Bailey on my iPod - to avoid the awkward exchange of contact details at Terminal 3).

Only another 13 hours until I'm in the Big Apple.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

5 Comments:

Blogger -L said...

God bless the ipod, one and all, hey?! :)

Hope you have a lovely flight with enjoyable seating arrangments!

16/3/06 6:15 pm  
Blogger LB said...

oh stop complaining you great clown. You'll be like "on your way to New York for a month", we'll be like "stuck in England working".

dear oh dear.

16/3/06 9:07 pm  
Blogger Sarah said...

The flight was surprisingly good, thanks.

No more complaining - I'm finally here in Vinay's ridiculously well situated apartment - just about to crash out (unsurprising given that I've been up for 24 hours now).

17/3/06 4:28 am  
Blogger swisslet said...

like Lord B, I'm afraid my first thought on reading this was "oh poor you.... and it will be so cold in New York at this time of year too. Brrr. How will you manage?"

humbug!

ST

(streets tickets purchased btw)

17/3/06 12:16 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you've arrived safely in the Big Apple - have a great time in America. Oh, Ern says thanks for his card. Ciao!

17/3/06 9:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home