Monday, September 18, 2006

Sayonara



It seems odd to be saying goodbye when there has been so little activity on this blog since my last big trip. However, it's more of an au-revoir than a final statement. I won't make any promises, nor excuses for my lack of updates during the summer but I hope to be on here a few times over the next couple of months...

I'm going away again.

On Thursday I fly to Tokyo for the weekend; then onto Sydney for a week or so before a 4 week Australian round-trip via Uluru and Cairns. At the end of October I'll be in Hong Kong staying with my pal, Helen, before heading off with another friend, Sue, to China for a couple of weeks. Before I return to the UK - Helen and I plan to spend a week in Vietnam - interspersed with more time in HK. Home just after my birthday and before Christmas!

Phew!

One month after I return form this jaunt, I'm due to return to work. A depressing thought and one which I'll try to put to one side for now. I've got two months of exciting new experiences to enjoy first - provided, that is, that the Japanese don't send me home when my stinking cold forces me to blow my nose in a public place. An incredibly disgusting and rude gesture - so the guidebooks lead me to believe. Better stock up on the lemsip!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great time Miss R. Jealous is not the word.

21/9/06 9:32 am  
Blogger bytheseashore said...

Sounds fantastic. Have a great time.

21/9/06 7:30 pm  
Blogger Sarah said...

Thanks all - I'm doing my best!

Dav - sorry to rub salt in n'all that but you'd *love* it here...

23/9/06 11:57 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home