Monday, April 24, 2006

Leaving Today

It’s more than a week since I confirmed that the large furry creatures hadn’t got me and I now find myself needing to pass on reassurances once again. This time all limbs are (just about) intact following my trip to Sun Peaks, and only my camera sustained any injuries whilst gallivanting in the snow atop Grouse Mountain.

Sun Peaks dons sunglasses to cope with the stranger in town

I’ve got the end of holiday blues, and am finding it difficult to find the energy to write about anything though there are lots of tales to be told. I don’t want to sound as if I’m not looking forward to seeing everyone back at home – of course I am. However, I could quite easily extend my stay in North America by weeks, if not months. There are so many things I didn't have time to see or do that I want to go around and repeat the trip – and I want to spend a summer living in downtown Vancouver again (only this time without the cockroaches, 6 room-mates in our one-bedroom apartment, 5.30am start at work and general lack of cash – but that’s a whole other story from a long time ago...).



Alas, my flight ticket is for tomorrow evening and I have plans for a big May spring cleanup at my poor, neglected house so the day-dreaming will have to stay just that...

For the time-being anyway.

Maybe I’ll even find time to document all my North American adventures over the next month (I have no doubt that it will be more interesting than the chores I'll be procrastinating over). In the meantime – Au revoir, Vancouver.

The aptly named Sunset Beach

4 Comments:

Blogger -L said...

What else would you like to experience in North America, Sarah?

I find that I always end a trip wistful and with a bit of meloncholy. The comforts of home are nice for about...oh, an hour...and then I am ready to head off again. Darn that wonderlust!

Yes, please document some of your stories! Your audience awaits. :)

24/4/06 8:34 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah
I deffo want your musings on all things BC...I wonder if I'll be feeling the same melancholy on Monday when I'm at the airport waving t'ra to Noo Yoik?
See you in the UK
V

24/4/06 9:56 pm  
Blogger Jenni said...

I've got the end of semester blues, and your blog has helped me get through the past few weeks with some vacation daydreams of my own. Looking forward to hearing more about your trip as you get to it!

1/5/06 4:56 pm  
Blogger Sarah said...

Hi Folks,

Leah - my wishlist is very long (and perhaps an idea for another post) - however, it includes: more of the eastern side of Canada, Alaska, Washington DC, Chicago, Las Vegas, the Grand Canyon, Mount Rushmore....

V - I'll get onto writing about BC soon. Honest! Imagine you made the most of your final weeks in NYC - and your onward travels... Looking forward to seeing you on your birthday.

Jenni - that's a lovely comment - know what you mean about the end of term (though it's a long time ago for me!). I hope your exams are going well?

I'm just getting going with a bit of a life-laundry at the moment (anyone who knows me in person will know that it's desperately needed - and they're probably falling over in shock that I've actually started the project) - once it's in full-swing I'll allow myself some time to write some more. In the meantime, I've posted a few more photos on flickr...

3/5/06 10:33 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home