Thursday, October 12, 2006

Uluru

I had planned on posting a set of photos to describe the last couple of weeks but the pc I've been allocated in this internet cafe won't read my photo dvd (lucky for you!). So - I'm reduced to a photo and video I uploaded last night, both are from my time in the red centre. The photo is Kata Tjuta (previously known as 'The Olgas') - and some idiot tourist wearing a very fetching flynet. A demonstration of how red the place appears when the sun is high in the sky (and normal people wouldn't be undertaking an uphill hike):



The video is a little slice of the experience to be had at Uluru (known for a while as Ayers Rock) when the sun decides to give way to a massive hailstorm at sunset (as I mentioned here):



I'm going sailing tomorrow on this little beauty. (I've packed my travel sickness pills - and apparently am obliged to wear a 'stinger suit' if I decide to go snorkelling. It's very early in the jellyfish season up here (I wasn't required to wear one up in Cairns)- and this delightful apparel protects swimmers from the (really very nasty and potentially lethal) sting of the box jellyfish. Dont worry - I won't be scaring anyone with photographic proof of that (the suit, I mean. I hope I don't get close enough to photograph a stinger!).

1 Comments:

Blogger LB said...

Eranu!

Uluru!

(etc)

15/10/06 7:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home