Thursday, September 28, 2006

Travelling in a fried out combie...

...well, an air-conditioned bus.

I don't imagine I'll learn from this (I've done it before and swore then that I wouldn't put myself through it again) but in an effort to see the Blue Mountains (very picturesque area about 2 hours drive from Sydney) the easy way - and in a short space of time - I booked myself on a tour today.

I'm exhausted! Not for any good reason either - we did a bit of walking about in the mountains themselves, but nothing particularly strenuous. No, it was the fact that I had to be ready for pick-up at 7am* this morning in order to have the pleasure of being ferried around Sydney in the rush-hour traffic, picking up other hapless tourists from their hotels. At 9.30am, we picked up the last group just about next door to a train station I could have reached in 15 minutes from my accommodation. All I want to do now is sleep - and it's only flippin' 8.30pm.

Think I'll blame the jet-lag...



*yes - I am going to struggle when I have to go back to work in January.

3 Comments:

Blogger LB said...

were you on the trail of the lonesome pine?

eh?

oh.

28/9/06 3:57 pm  
Blogger swisslet said...

oh, we did that tour. I sort of hated myself for doing it, because it's so pre-packaged (did you stop at the featherstone wildlife park?), but we only really had a day to spare, and I really wanted to see the mountains.

pretty spectacular no?

Did you stop off at the olympic park on the way home? Essential. You have to love a country that turns their olympic pool into a public bath. Brilliant.

ST

28/9/06 10:40 pm  
Blogger Sarah said...

Oh yes - sounds like the very same tour for the very same reasons, Swiss. Even got the Sarah & a cute Koala photo at Featherdale!

29/9/06 3:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home