Saturday, November 04, 2006

Censorship?

I'm sitting at a computer terminal in Beijing airport, waiting for my flight to Xi'an.

Thanks for the comments on the previous post - I'd respond beneath them but 'blogspot' appears to be a sensitive site (at least - that's the assumption I'm making as any attempt to access mine - or other people's blogs ends with a page full of Chinese characters and 'blogspot' highlighted in the centre of the page).

We'll be boarding our flight soon so no time to go into detail about our trips to see the Forbidden City, the Temple of Heaven, the Hutongs and, of course 'The Wall' (it's Great!). Nor can I give justice to how entertaining it is to try and take a taxi across the city (which is absolutely huge) when the driver understands neither English, written Chinese nor our pathetic attempts at spoken Chinese. How we made it to see Chinese acrobats in action, I'll never know - I'm pretty certain my hand gestures looked more like a dying elephant than a graceful gymnast.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Getting from A to B can be half the fun! :) That is so fantastic that you're in China...Damn. Mega-impressive!

8/11/06 3:06 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home